Starting with version 6.5.20112.4 of the Priasoft Migration Suite for Exchange you can now transfer users from one migration batch to another on separate active consoles. This feature is valuable in scenarios where you have two or more Migration consoles running against the same source and target Exchange organization and need to move one of more users between them during the migration for load balancing purposes.
Prerequisites for transferring users from one active console to another
- Both Migration consoles must be active (i.e. the Mailbox Migration Manager Migration console is running on the host computers)
- Both Migration consoles must be running version 6.5.20112.4 of the Priasoft Migration Suite for Exchange or higher.
- Remote management must be enabled on both Migration consoles (enabled by default)
- RPC network connectivity must be allowed between both Migration consoles (I.e. firewall not preventing connection, network routing, etc.)
- Both Migration consoles computer account must be a member of the same Active Directory Domain.
- Both Migration consoles must be running against the same source and target Exchange organizations.
- Both Migration consoles must be running in the same mode (i.e. mixed mode, dry run mode, backfill mode, etc.)
To access the new feature, use the tools menu from within the Migration Console: